XM ONLINE NOT WORKING

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by hunter1331, Nov 21, 2008.

1. hunter1331

hunter1331

I am currently having difficulty streaming XM radio over the internet. I am having this problemInternet Explorer. I am able to connect to the "XM Radio Online - The Player" page and stream content, but the playback is frequently disturbed by buffering (I know - this is not uncommon) AND an occasional recording of a man with a British accent saying:

"The URL you are attempting to use to access this media is invalid. Please contact your content provider to obtain a new link to this resource."

Following the "message" it sounds like the recording is about to repeat itself, but then it ends to either silence or the XM music comes back on. In an hour of listening, I will hear this message about 5 times. I have tried to search the internet for an answer and I have come up empty handed. I contacted tech support at XM and they sent me some boilerplate language about buffering. I am currently running windows vista.I have a T1 connection and have tried streaming with both low and high bandwidth settings.

I am really at a loss here. Any ideas?

hunter1331, Nov 21, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. hunter1331

WAW8

My guess is that it is IE that is the problem, not XM Radio Online (XMRO). I've had nothing but problems with IE since SP 1 and have abandoned its use altogether.

The link below is to the XMRO forum -- where they discuss streaming using other clients, such as WinAMP:

[url]http://www.xmfan.com/viewforum.php?f=31 [/url]

WAW8, Nov 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question