Wow, Moderator works for Microsoft? lol

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by gteclass, Apr 9, 2009.

1. gteclass

gteclass

Yeah, about your apple comment, I have been a PC user since 1987. I have used every version of Windows since Gates stole the idea. I have already spoken to a lawyer about this issue and he feels I have a valid point and we are looking for other people who share our sentiment. For you to lock my thread instantly means either one of two things. #1, you work for Microsoft. #2, you do not believe in free speech or open communication on the internet.

Also, I am a professional computer technician of 15 years and I have a very long history of helping people with their computer problems for free on boards like this one. Good luck, Have fun! You wont be hearing from me again.

What if you buy a product and it doesn't work, do you expect to get your money back? You sure do! Same thing with software, except when the manufacturer of your computer is forced by a monopolous corporation to only sell you their operating system or no OS at all. The only option, which afaik is no longer available, is to pay ?EXTRA? to "downgrade" to the previous OS that btw was a very good OS after 4 years of end user beta testing at their own cost.

gteclass, Apr 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. gteclass

WAW8

I've been using computers for over 30 years, and personally, I've found the Vista "experience" to be the most disappointing one I've ever encountered. I was an early adopter of Vista and volunteered to help others less experience solve the Vista problems. So, when the Admin asked me to join the Moderator staff, I agreed.

This board is not "the internet"; this board was setup as a vehicle for folks to share information on how to solve problems that they've had using Vista -- and as you can see from the posting counts, there have been a LOTS of problems.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion -- everyone is. But what you're NOT entitled to do is utilize the resources of this board in your attempt to sue Microsoft.

That has NOTHING to do with free speech; it has everything to do with your personal agenda of seeking financial gain from Microsoft.

The Admin did not setup this board to serve as a vehicle for facilitating a class action lawsuit against Microsoft or anyone else -- and that, apparently, is specifically what you're trying to do.

If you keep posting items in support of your legal action, I will request that the Admin ban you from the board.

WAW8, Apr 9, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. gteclass

Jason

Why do people think there is free speech on any forum on the web? Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. There's still rules buddy.

You seem fairly uneducated to belive you can uphold a class action lawsuit(without the judge laughing in your face) because a companys product was not to YOUR expectations. It's call the free marketplace, Microsoft didnt physically force you to buy anything. Vista was a stepping stone to Windows 7, it had to happen eventually, yes people get frustrated but welcome to cutting edge technology. Go pickup a Windows NT CD if it really troubles you. We can thank Vista for the seamless migration of every driver/App to Windows 7 as well as the blazing speed.

Jason, Apr 9, 2009
  4. gteclass

gteclass

I wouldn't call wanting my money back financial gain. I am not asking for a million dollars, just the $140 license fee they charge everyone for a beta version of an OS. Releasing a beta for free is fine, forcing anyone who doesn't want a mac to buy your beta is not morally correct. At this point I use linux on every computer I own, but if I buy a new comp, I have to pay microsoft, no way around it. That is a monopoly. That is illegal.

gteclass, Apr 10, 2009
  5. gteclass

WAW8

Your arguments are without merit. They're not facts; they're just opinions. Lawsuits aren't about what you can claim; they're about what you can prove.

Oh, and if you think that public opinion is enough, how about a lawsuit filed in January of this year claiming that Apple is a monopoly -- and this is because Windows Media Audio is not supported on the iPod.

See, you can claim anything you want. Doesn't get you into a courtroom. Doesn't win lawsuits for you.

And BTW, I do NOT work for MS. You have no right to make such an accusation.

WAW8, Apr 10, 2009
  6. gteclass

gteclass

3 things before I leave you to your delusions...

I have the right to make that accusation as much as Jason has the right to say I "seem fairly uneducated" not knowing anything about my educational background.

Microsoft is forcing companies to sell Vista, even people who choose to pay the extra money to downgrade still have to pay for vista. No, they are not forcing it in a physical sense, you are right there, but that didn't stop the AT&T breakup of the early 80s. Microsoft is a monopoly, it is a fact! Vista was released before it was ready is also a fact.

That Apple lawsuit you speak of was unfounded. Just so you can get used to recognizing these things, that is also a fact. Apple makes the IPod to use only their format of files and when you buy it, you are subscribing to their service even if you are unaware of it. This does not affect(ie. has no effect) on the marketability or price of other corporations' products. Sansa still sells their MP3 players, so does Sony. HP and Dell cannot function without selling an OS with their computers. If they want to sell any Windows computers, they have to sell Windows with every computer they sell. They are forced into signing a contract with Microsoft or to just stop making computers for home use altogether. If you don't believe me, try calling their sales department and asking to purchase a computer with no OS. I bet it costs the same price as one with Vista, ask them why. I already tried that when I bought my last computer. MSI told me exactly what I am telling you. It is a fact.

gteclass, Apr 10, 2009
  7. gteclass

WAW8

Well, I guess this is goodbye, then. You came to this board spewing your anti-MS hatred, followed that up with what you considered strong insults, and have been spewing that, coupled with misinformation, ever since.

So, since you're leaving, then let's set the record straight about whose really "delusional":

1) You claim that you're not seeking financial gain, but if that were true you would have taken MS to small claims court to get your purchase price back; but instead, you come here recruiting members for a class action lawsuit. Those lawsuit ALWAYS ask for millions of dollars. You're very actions contradict your claims.

2) In your second post you said that I either don't believe in free speech on the internet or I was an MS employee -- yet without giving me a chance to respond, you immediately hurled what was probably the worst insult you could think of at me -- that I was an MS employee! When I responded that you have no right to make that accusation, you responded that you did because of what Jason said -- but you insuted me before Jason said anything to you. So, you can't even get your own facts straight. As to the "insult", kind of wish it was true, because given my time in the profession, I would have retired a millionaire (or maybe, billionaire), long ago. So, without any evidence of any kind, you made a false claim.

3) You made remarks about MS not giving you money back when their product doesn't work. True. But then, nearly every software company in existence denies you your money back once you open the package. That doesn't make MS any different than the others.

4) You claim MS is a monopoly. That might be true, I'm not sure. There was a lawsuit, sponsored by the Department of Justice, against MS for violating the Sherman Antitrust act. But, as best I could determine, that lawsuit was overturned on appeal by a Federal Distric Court in 2001. More recently, a class action lawsuit was enjoined against MS about the Vista capable stuff, but the class action status was set aside by the judge. So, even that has not succeeded.

5) As for stealing ideas, I'll grant that MS stole the "windows" idea -- but they didn't steal it from Apple (as you claim), they stole it from P.A.R.C -- the same place that Apple stole the windows idea from. So, if Gates is a their because he stole the windows idea, so is Jobs.

6) Being forced into buying a PC with MS Windows on it. Even if Apple did not exist, this would still be another of your delusions. I know Dell (one of the specific companies you mention) WAS selling Linux-reloaded PCs, don;t know if they still are. Wal-mart was selling linux-preloaded PCs. ASUS sells the EeePC with Linux preloaded. A quick google showed more than a half-dozen companies selling linux-preloaded PCs. So, your claim that you can only by a PC preloaded with an OS from Apple or MS is clearly delusional.

7) As for Jason's "unducated" remark -- he made it in the specific context of your class action lawsuit. And in that case, he's correct. If you think that your MS hatred is going to be enough to win a class action lawsuit against MS, when the might and force of the US Department of Justice wasn't enough, then you're clearly "uninformed" (better word?) about what you need to win class action lawsuits.

8) As to MS forcing companies to sell Vista -- that's true, but again, you're clearly uninformed about the nature of business partnering agreements. Those companies are OEM partners with MS, meaning they signed contracts with MS, contracts that govern what they can sell under what conditions. They CHOSE to enter into these contracts; they weren't forced -- as you implied.

9) As to your claim about MS forcing you to buy anything -- the mere existence of other companies selling PCs without Vista on them is clear indication that MS is not forcing you to buy anything.

10) And finally, you took the bait!! A sure-fire way to spot a Mac fanatic is to post something that doesn't praise Apple -- and see how quickly they jump to Apple's defense. Y

WAW8, Apr 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question