Wont read Cameras SD card

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by orphious, Sep 21, 2006.

1. orphious

orphious

Hi all. Just downloaded and installed RC1 last night. Only problem I have found so far is when I insert my SD card into the internal card reader, my hard drive starts working like crazy. I open my computer to view the drives. The card reader has several other formats it can read and each format is represented by its own drive. I click on the drive that the card is inserted on and then my computer stops responding while the hard drive keeps trucking away. One time I right clicked on it and the HD did the same thing for about 15 minutes then finally I got a menu. I choose open and then my my hard drive started working again and my computer stopped responding. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

My thought is it has something to do with the super fetch or what ever it is called. Do I need to disable this in order to read the card from the drive?

orphious, Sep 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question