WMP11 won't play encrypted files?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by phenyl, Oct 12, 2008.

1. phenyl

phenyl

Hi all, this is my first post here...

I have some MP3 files that I downloaded a while ago and never had any problems playing them till now. I think these are 'encrypted' as the file names are all in green font.

Everytime I tried to play one of these files, I get the C00D11D2 error message. I've googled this and none of the remedies seemed to work. I tried changing the encryption status of the file but it wouldn't let me do so (even when I'm on the admin account)

What I don't understand is, I used to be able to play these files just fine and I don't remember downloading/making any significant changes to the computer so I don't know what went wrong here...

Any advice? Thanks! :D

phenyl, Oct 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. phenyl

MafiaLord91

If those files were not bought on another computer and you have not reinstalled and (someone correct me if I am wrong) if you have not upgraded the Operating System on the somputer you could try moving the files to a USB flash drive or a FAT32 formatted hard drive.

MafiaLord91, Oct 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. phenyl

WAW8

You need to at least determine if it's something on your computer that is the problem, not the files in general. Copy one or more of the files off onto a USB stick and try to play them in another computer. Try one running XP and a second one running Vista.

If it plays only in the first computer, it's probably a Vista-related setting; if it plays in both other computers, it's something specific to your computer.

WAW8, Oct 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question