Witness the continued fall of Apple

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by AmericanNightmare, Jul 25, 2007.

1. AmericanNightmare

AmericanNightmare

With a small enough share of the computing world as it is Apple has been relegated to the media world for the most part andwith this latest debaucle it seems only a matter of time until the Mac "clone" hits the market. First Intel chips then Bootcamp the writing is on the wall. In my opionion even the Ipod won't save them for long especially with the emergence of cheaper MP3 players every day it seems.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070725/ap_on_hi_te/apple_iphone;_ylt=Amt8a3BVBOFccxxx8.scYQcjtBAF

Can you say bad business move Apple? If not try reading slower it should come natural.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. AmericanNightmare

kingofnexus

Well as much as I hate apple and think that they are a bunch of monopolist proprietary bastards I doubt they'll be dissapearing anytime soon.

But yeah, they had to cave into certian non apple technologies which are cheaper and better.

Praise be the day when linux becomes a decent everyday OS which will force M$ to be even more innovative in their windows builds.

p.s I own nothing apple and refuse to install quicktime on my PC. My sister on the other hand worships them, so I have had my fair share of experience on OSX and using an Ipod, enough to know that I wont be buying them.

kingofnexus, Jul 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. AmericanNightmare

kingofnexus

Oh and forgot to mention that OSX comes with no On-screen keyboard, so if your keyboard is knackard, youve got no way of using the computer! Even XP and perhaps before that had this functionality!

kingofnexus, Jul 25, 2007
  4. AmericanNightmare

AmericanNightmare

I would have to disagree,Apple is doomed and this does not come form my dislike of Mac's whether they be overpriced,slow,horribly expensive to upgrade,impossible to get servicedor not. Prediction,within the year the first Mac clones will hit the mass market all it will take is some geeks with enough moxy to do it.

5. AmericanNightmare

Jason

I think Apple is more of a luxury company, than a performance oriented company. They seem to have a tight hold on their niche, which is basically sexy looking products that look futuristic and are innovative. As long as apple can hold onto that image it has, which is one of superiority I think they will always be there.

Ex. Apple is like Ferrari, not many people buy them but the image they project sets the price high which in return keeps the company on their feet. I think of MS more like GM or Ford as they are more of a general company where as Apple is more specific niche oriented company. It's very possible for them to keep on chugging as long as they keep charging premium's and keep their superior status image.

A good example is the Iphone, who the hell pays $500 or so bucks for a phone?.. People who want the superior image. I believe the entire company is centered around this idea.

People in todays world naturally gravitate toward items which are different from others, and when something is different and may appear better people will utilize the "I'm better than you" mentality to buy it just to appear "better".

It's hard to explain but I hope you get what I'm saying. In the end it doesn't matter if there are "clones" apple just needs to keep innovating like they have been for the past decade. The innovative scrollable pad on the Ipods coupled w/ mass memory is what launched them into popularity, I can see them coming up with more innovated products like these in the future.

I am no apple fanboy in any way, I think the Iphone is stupid. The Ipod is what is still driving them.

Jason, Jul 25, 2007
  6. AmericanNightmare

AmericanNightmare

I do see you point about brand recognition and sex appeal but that especially the sex appeal can only last so long b/c as consumers become more savy they will begin to gravitate towards PC's with the same sex appeal case in point our beloved Vista OS and it's eye candy that offer better performance at a cheaper price and Ferrari is not like Apple in the regard that the Ferrariname was built on PERFORMANCE and later sex appeal but they still have maintained the performance aspect while Appple has well not so much. I don't think they are going anywhere for awhile in the media world but as far as the computing world goes bye bye nice seein you Mac's.

I would liken Apple more to a Camaro if we want to use the car analogy looked great ran fast, then just looked great (sad 6 cylinders under the hood) then died.

7. AmericanNightmare

Walker

i can say only thing YAY!!!!!

Since they've become even more absurd now. Attacking MS with their all great OS. I've used it and whilst it was easy it lacked functionality.

Walker, Jul 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question