wireless woes wlan autoconfig

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by EMBEE, Nov 26, 2007.

1. EMBEE

EMBEE

Hi guys I am hoping someone out there might be able to help me.

For some reason I am no longer able to connect to my wireless network. I have been told to restart the WLAN autoconfig service but when I try this I get a message that says.

Windows could not start the WLAN Autoconfig service on local computer

Error 1083: the executable program that this service is configured to run in does not implement this service.

Im running vista 64 ultimate.

not to clued up on all this. many thanks in advance.

EMBEE, Nov 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. EMBEE

Jason

Try putting it on automatic, I found this...may help.

This service may be set to Automatic by default if the system that Vista was installed upon has an internal wireless card. WLAN AutoConfig, if set to Manual, will not start automaticly if you use a hardware switch (such as those on laptops to turn on and off the wireless network card). If you require wireless connectivity on your computer, keep the listed services above on the default values as well as place WLAN AutoConfig into Automatic. If you do not have a wireless card installed on the system, or do not require authentication on your wired network card, the group of services can safely be disabled.

Jason, Nov 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. EMBEE

EMBEE

Hi yep Thanks I tried that but no good. Is there any way around this or do I need to reinstall?

EMBEE, Dec 2, 2007
  4. EMBEE

Jason

Jason, Dec 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question