Wireless rescan drops packet every 60 seconds

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by willshak, Aug 19, 2007.

1. willshak

willshak

My Vista Premium with RALink RT61 wireless has the following weird behaviour:

Exactly every 60 seconds all wireless traffic hangs for 1 or 2 seconds or actually drops a packets, including pings to and from the vista computer.

I know it's the networking on the vista itself that is the culprit, because if I stop/start the network interface, the exact second during each minute when the dropout happens changes (say from always 17s past the minute to always 38s past the minute.)

The same symptom happens when I rescan for wireless networks: same dropout, and the 'timer' until the next dropout is reset to 60s.

* I assume Vista rescans for wireless networks automatically every 60s, is that the case? Any way to turn it off (I disabled everything except the network itself to no avail)?

* Is a wireless rescan on Vista supposed to delay/drop packets as per above, or is there something fishy with my box?

Help much appreciated!Kristian

willshak, Aug 19, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question