Wireless Networking not working in Vista 5308 :-(

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by DonnieZ, Apr 28, 2006.

1. DonnieZ

DonnieZ

I'm hoping someone has ran into the same issue and may be able to shed some light on the subject..

I'm dual booting XP/Vista 5308 on my Thinkpad T40. In XPSP2, my wireless networking works great. In Vista however, I can never get it to find any wireless networks. Twice I've had it show the list of available networks in my area, but then after I try and connect it tells me that it can't and it never shows a list of available networks again.

The T40 came with an Intel Pro/Wirleless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter. Vista did not have a driver, so I used the updated driver I got from the IBM website for XP. The driver installs fine and the hardware shows that it's working properly It's only 802.11b, but it still should work.

I had issues using wireless in 5270 as well on a different notebook, but I thought they might be corrected by now. I don't have access to these latest interim builds as I'm only a TechNet Plus subscriber, so I guess I have to wait for the next CTP. (At least I think I don't.. I've been looking for access to the download but TechNet doesn't seem to give you that.) I'd love to know if this is an issue in 5308, do I need a newer Vista driver, or am I just doing something incorrectly?

Thanks,
    Don

DonnieZ, Apr 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. DonnieZ

Jason

If it helps at all, my wireless also does not work in Vista. The xp drivers most likely will not work, and it seems that the problem you are having is a driver problem. Unless intel has released 5308 drivers there isnt much you can do. My wireless card is not an intel but some other brand and vista did not have drivers for it either.

Jason, Apr 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question