Wireless connection randomly drops.

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by FaiLthps, Feb 18, 2009.

1. FaiLthps

FaiLthps

Well to start it off. my name's Patrick. i'm new to this forum and vista aswell. you're probally going to laugh but my family has had a VERY old pc for a long time now. running windows 98. and we just got new computers my mom got a Hp desktop (not sure what model) with AMD phenom Quad-core. 640 gig hard drive and 7 gig's of ram and I myself got a laptop Hp pavilion DV5-1235dx intel core 2 duo 320 gig hard drive. 4 gigs of ram....

heres my problem....

i have a brandnew linksys WRT110 RangePlus Wireless router and a 6 month old Westell standard Verizon DSL modom not sure the exact model. and here's my setup The Desktop is in our living room connected to the linksys Rangeplus via ethernet ofcourse. and my laptop is in my room, I have great Signal 70% and higher and about every 20-24 hours. my wireless connection will randomly "drop out" while my moms Wired desktop connection will be fine. and what ill have to do is go out and restart the router and it will be fine.

I dont think i should have to restart my router every 24 hours.

ive called linksys tech support and they have yet to solve my problem.

Please help it would be greatly appriciated.

FaiLthps, Feb 18, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. FaiLthps

WAW8

Check your laptop power settings. One of the defaults if often set to turn off the internet in order to save power. Make sure that is unchecked. Also, if your laptop is set to sleep or hibernate, a common Vista problem is that the internet is dropped in the process and not reactivated when the laptop returns to use.

WAW8, Feb 18, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. FaiLthps

FaiLthps

Well it normally happens when my laptop is on and im on it and it happens around 1:00-2:30 am everynight.

like ill just be on youtube or myspace or sonthing and ill lose connection. and when i go under wireless connections mines not in there. so i restart my router and it's fine. but i really dont want to have to do that everynight.

-thanks

FaiLthps, Feb 18, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question