Wireless connection can not go greater than 60%

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by ghostparty, Feb 8, 2007.

1. ghostparty

ghostparty

Hi, I'm running a Vaio with Vista Home Premium and no matter what my connection will always be at 60% and never rises above that. I have tested it on multiple networks and have also had people I know of try it (they have XP) and they get 100%. No matter where I place it it will remain at 60. I have gone to Sony to get the latest drivers for it but no dice, it still remains. Is this a problem that can be tweaked in Vista or is it driver related in which case I need to contact Sony?

Oh, and I'll be happy to move this to a different forum if need be, this seemed like the best bet.

ghostparty, Feb 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ghostparty

Jason

This is the perfect place. That does seem odd its most likely a driver issue. Have you tried right clicking your wireless device in "device manager" and letting vista look for an updated driver?

Jason, Feb 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. ghostparty

ghostparty

Yeah it's fully updated though. I've been to Sony's support section as well and downloaded the specific driver made specifically for Vista. Argh I have no clue!

ghostparty, Feb 9, 2007
  4. ghostparty

ghostparty

anyone?

ghostparty, Feb 13, 2007
  5. ghostparty

xjuliephanx

i have a similar problem with a home network i get 100% though. but on campus some places i get 86% and other times it won't even detect it. I also own a vaio and sony support has done little to help. they don't seem to have much support for vista. i think it'll be like this for a while until it becomes a little more widspread

xjuliephanx, Feb 13, 2007
  6. ghostparty

carpediem79

Did you try going directly to the wirless card manufacturer's website? I had to do this with the intel wirless card. The driver update search in vista did not find the newest driver they had available.

carpediem79, Feb 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question