Wireless Card failure. Driver?

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by roryp, Feb 25, 2008.

1. roryp

roryp

I bought a new Philips Wireless 'Streamium PC. I am running it through my HD TV at home. I have an existing wireless network through a BT HomeHub. All my other wireless devices (a couple of laptops and an Iphone) are running through it fine, but the new PC just will not. It has an intel ABG3945 wireless card. If I go into network center it shows the PC connecting to the HomeHub but the HomeHub not linking it top the Internet. Lengthy (and I mean LENGTHY!!) conversations with BT proved to be fruitless and frustrating, but as far as they are concerned it is a problem with Vista (I am running Home Premium 32-bit).

And while I am here... I am connected to the HDTV using an HDMI cable. I can get an awesome picture, but no sound, even when I change the playback device to the HDMI source. PC World elite top technical team think it is 'just a problem with Vista'.

Apologies if these are problems that are simply solved with one keystroke, but I admit to being a little stoopid when it comes to these sort of things. My thanks in advance for any assistance.

RP

roryp, Feb 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. roryp

WAW8

Please go to the Networking forum and do a search on your wireless chip. You will find several posts about problems with that. There may be some fixes you can try.

I'll be moving this post to the Networking forum in the next day or so. Look for it there.

WAW8, Feb 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question