Wireless and Ethernet compatability

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by bsinger, Dec 8, 2008.

1. bsinger

bsinger

I'm hoping someone here may have some suggestion to help me as the Apple people can't.

I am trying to fix a problem with my apple tv unit (ATV). It is attached to my Vista PC via ethernet. The Vista PC is attached to my Netgear wireless g router for internet service.

I attached the ATV via ethernet because I was having performance issues with the wireless. Once attached to the ethernet, the problems disappeared. However, another one appeared. The ATV has lost its "internet" functionality.

When previously hooked up via wireless, the ATV could utilize the Itunes store to purchase/rent movies music etc. Now that I am attached via ethernet, that connection to the Itunes store (internet) is not working. I CAN get to the internet from the Vista PC, but am not able to "pass through" for lack of a better term to the ATV...

Any guidance/help would surely be appreciated.

Bob

bsinger, Dec 8, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question