Wireless adapters won't function on Vista

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Leh299, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Leh299

Leh299

I'm unable to get a wireless usb adapter to work on my Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I've tried several adapters, the last being a Cisco AM10. All the adapters work perfectly on my Window 7 computers. On the Vista, the drivers will install fine and the device manager shows that the device is working properly. Some adapters show it to be enabled and some don't. But, none of them can see the 802.11 b/g/n router signal just 10 feet away. The AM10 came up disabled and won't enable, reporting some drivel about a possible connection manager other than the Window manager. There are no other connection managers on the Vista. I've uninstalled the ethernet card, the anti-virus software, turned windows firewall off and verified that no other network device software (services or drivers) are present. I verified that the wlansvc service is present and active. I've installed the lasted driver for each device that I have tried and uninstalled them prior to trying another. I've looked at every installed program and service that might conflict and can find nothing. I've tried to reset the card to no avail. The Windows diagnostic/Repair says there's a problem that it can't fix and offers no solution that I haven't tried. Has anyone experienced this problem, and have they found a solution ? Any help would be appreciated.

Leh299, Mar 13, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Leh299

terrymatthews

When I boot vista from a complete shutdown my laptop cannot see the internal wireless device and the wireless router. I have to do a restart for my laptop to find the internal device and see the wireless router. I have re-imaged the laptop and installed SP 1 + SP 2 and the issue still exists. Please help.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    terrymatthews, Sep 1, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question