Windows Vista Recovery Challenges

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Rawbandwidth, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Rawbandwidth

Rawbandwidth

The other day I did something kinda stupid... And now I'm stuck in a bitter situation.

I used the "Upgrade" option from Vista to install Windows 7 RC instead of doing clean install. :pinch:

Now my PC is slower than ever and I just want Vista back! But here's the catch: I tried many different recovery techniques like booting from DVD and doing Complete PC Restore but since Windows 7 does an "Image" every time it backs up, I end up returning to Windows 7 even though I reinstalled Vista completely. So with an Image I can't get my programs and files back without Windows 7 coming back!

Anyone got a solution??

Rawbandwidth, Jun 18, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Rawbandwidth

WAW8

Welcome to the forums ... but you should read the forum title before you start posting. This forum is for news about Vista, not for requests for technical support.

Please post your requests in the proper forums, in this case, the Recovery and Backup forum.

Also, we're not a Windows 7 forum. So, if you hose up your machine messing around with Windows 7, we're not going to be able to help much.

WAW8, Jun 19, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question