Windows Vista RC1 and Router Problems

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by thenjduke, Aug 25, 2006.

1. thenjduke

thenjduke

Ihave a little problem. I have Vista 5505.6 and a asus a832-mvp deluxe motherboard with Marvell Yukon Nic onboard that is not able to access the internet through a router. I can access the internet with Windows XP build no problems. I have tried 3 different routers. First is a Buffalo with DD-WRT Firmware on it which I have no problems with past versions of Vista or Windows XP. The other two are a Linksys and Belkin and all give the same situation. I can ping www.google.com and msnbc.com with all 3 routers. It replies back no problem. The problem is that I can not connect to the websites with IE 7. I have used IE 7 RC1 on XP no problems with this routers. I hooked up the NIC card directly to the Cablem modem and boom no problems. Anyone have any ideas. I have tried to disable IPV6 but still same problem when connected to Router. Sorry about the log post.

thenjduke, Aug 25, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. thenjduke

atlienz

I'm having the same exact problem. I had it working for about 2 hours one day after I made a change on my router for MTU's. It was set for automatic and I had changed it to 1492. A reboot to vista after some new installs and it happened again. Havn't been able to get it working since.

I have at least narrowed it down to ipv4 and it does not appear to have any effect on ipv6. Try it out: ipv6forum.com

I have humored the idea that it was the SPI on my Linksys router (WRT54G) that is causing problems, so I disabled it, rebooted Vista (habit of a long time Windows user), didn't help.

I then tried to change the MTU on both my router and on Vista in the IPv4 properties, no go.

I even at one point turned off ipv6, and the Link-Layer Topology Discovery mapper/responder, also didn't do anything.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

atlienz, Sep 1, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. thenjduke

atlienz

I found the answer on another Site.

"ok I found the solution: The NIC Driver for Networc Cards with Mavell Yukon

Chipset seems to have a Problem...solution:

Go to Local Area Properties Setting -> Configure -> Advanced -> Change "IPv4

Checksum Offload" to DISABLED

then the sites are accessible !

cheers felix "

atlienz, Sep 1, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question