Windows Vista Interim Build 5456

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason

<SPAN class=postbody>Now that Windows Vista Beta 2 has been officially released to the public, members of the technical beta tester community are chomping at the bit for their next build. As was the case between Beta 1 and Beta 2, various groups of testers received interim builds of Windows Vista approximately once per month.

Although Microsoft has not officially stated it, we expect this once a month release schedule to continue through the RC (Release Candidate) period. If this is the case, then a new post-Beta 2 build should be out within the week. This would be the first build in the RC1 branch.

And so the speculation begins...and word is that Windows Vista Interim Build 5456.winmain_idx03 is on the way! The Hive's blogger Brandon LeBlanc tipped us off to this post by Utakz, whose blog is usually pretty accurate, as blogs go.

"Currently, Microsoft have been working on a new interim post-Beta 2 build of Vista to release to the Technical Beta testers within the next week or so, assuming all goes as planning over at Redmond,: according to Utakz. "The build to be released, 5456.winmain_idx03, is still currently being worked on internally and no actual rebuild has yet to be signed off yet. I should make it pretty clear that only the Technical Beta and TAP will be receiving this interim, so those of you with MSDN accounts (among others) will be missing out on this release." </SPAN>

<SPAN class=postbody></SPAN>

<SPAN class=postbody>Source: ProNetworks</SPAN>

Jason, Jun 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

niffer022

wont be long now before its out in the shops :cool:

niffer022, Jun 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Kane Hart

nice so they going call it beta 3 or just beta 2 and bunch more numbers :p man I guess they don't know how to patch things so we gotta reformat each time lol.

Kane Hart, Jun 20, 2006
  4. Jason

niffer022

i know what you mean im sick of reformatting my harddrives lol lol lol

niffer022, Jun 20, 2006
  5. Jason

Jason

I'm not too sure, Prolly Beta 2 w/ some new build #. Its not drastic enough to warrant a new number like Beta 3. Or they may just hold out and put out a release canidate a few months from now.

Jason, Jun 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question