Windows Vista Install Stops - error 80073712

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by vaderag, Apr 2, 2008.

1. vaderag

vaderag

This is killing me. I see that loads of other people are having similar problems to me - the download stops in windows update and it gives me the error code 80073712

I've tried the numerous solutions on the net (short of re-installing vista, which is not something i'm prepared to do at the moment)

I've searched these forums, and found mention to a pinned thread that i cant seem to find!? I'm pretty sure that i'll have tried everything in that thread anyway...

Can anyone help with this matter?

Thanks

vaderag, Apr 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. vaderag

WAW8

Are you trying to reinstall Vista, or are you trying to download and install a Windows Update? Can't tell from your post.

WAW8, Apr 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. vaderag

vaderag

I'm trying to get Service Pack 1 installed. I added it as a subheading as i cant find a way to edit the title...

vaderag, Apr 2, 2008
  4. vaderag

WAW8

OK ... did you check the pinned post about reasons why SP 1 may not install on your PC? Any one of those items will prevent it from completing successfully.

WAW8, Apr 2, 2008
  5. vaderag

vaderag

Yes, i checked that, as well as about any other thread that exists about this problem everywhere on the internet!

I've come to the conclusion that a re-install of vista is the only thing that's going to work - gonna change to the 64bit version while i'm at it too...

vaderag, Apr 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question