Windows Vista Install Dell XPS720

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Liquid~Thesis, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Liquid~Thesis

Liquid~Thesis

Hey guys, I am trying to install Windows Vista 64-Bit Home Premium to my Dell XPS720. First of all, I had issues trying to get the computer to actually begin installing Windows, I got over that by getting the PC to boot from the DVD drive. The install appeared to be going smoothly after that. I went through the menus until it asked me which hard drive to install too. It only shows one hard drive on the menu (marked as "Drive 1 Unalloted Space"), even though I know this PC has two. When I click "Install" it tells me that the hard drive is not suitable for windows to install too. It suggests that I go into BIOS and check that the hard drives controller is on. I have checked and it is, but Windows will still not install too this hard drive. There is plenty of free space (465GB). I'd really like to solve this problem and get the PC going again as it has been sitting around for a long time without an operating system.

Appreciate any help or guidance :)

Liquid~Thesis, Jun 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Liquid~Thesis

Liquid~Thesis

Forgot to add the exact message that Vista gives me. Firstly, when I click on the drive I get "This computer hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

When I click next, to begin installation I get "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation."

Liquid~Thesis, Jun 11, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Liquid~Thesis

WAW8

WAW8, Jun 12, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question