Windows vista failed to start

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Jevan, May 24, 2011.

1. Jevan

Jevan

Hi,

I have a problem, I want to start windows but it indicates a problem, now I have the original vista CD in and I press enter as shown on the internet (you can use the language again and click repair windows)

but he continues to reboot the PC what to do.

these errors, he indicates:

File: \ Boot \ BCD
    Info : An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Jevan, May 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Jevan

WAW8

First of all, Vista did not come on a CD; it came on a DVD. So, if what you have is really a CD, it is probably a Repair CD -- which can be used to repair the boot loader, but can not be used to reinstall Vista.

If your PC is not booting from the CD, you need to go into the BIOS options and set it to boot from CD-ROM first. The default is to boot from the hard drive first -- which will cause it to skip over the CD.

When that is done, and you try to boot from the CD, you should get a line of text at the top of the screen that says something like "press any key to boot from CD".

What have you done to the PC recently? It's unusual for it to suddenly NOT boot anymore. If you haven't done anything to it, it's possible your hard drive is failing. In that case, how old is the hard drive?

WAW8, May 24, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question