windows vista dont start

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by edgibara, Jun 22, 2016.

1. edgibara

edgibara

Hi i have a old pc with windows vista starter but he refuses to start and even dont load the windows vista logo

edgibara, Jun 22, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. edgibara

clive

Hi edgibara,

First thing, is there a power light that shows lit on the pc? If no: Check the mains lead/plug fuse? Has anyone removed any parts from the pc? Is it your pc from new? Could the Ram memory be missing? These are just a few of my thoughts, also...

The pc might be installing updates, so try leaving it for at least 15 minutes. Here's a few tricks that i have jotted down in case i get any problems with my pc, these may help you in getting your Vista pc rolling again:

0. Is the monitor/screen lead plugged into the correct socket on the back of the pc, if a graphic card is installed try using one of the sockets, also try the standard VGA socket and another VGA lead.

1. Turn on pc whilst holding down the ( F9 ) key, keep it pressed down until the ( Diagnostics screen ) appears, this is where a ram test option can be found. Also in here are various other options (tools), including an option to boot from the last good install, this will make the pc jump back to a certain date when all worked fine. Some pc's can access the ( Diagnostics Screen ) whilst keeping the (Space Bar ) held down whilst turning on the pc.

2. You could also try turning on the pc whilst holding down the ( F10 ) for ( Bios setup ) check the options to see if all is set ok in here, also check in here to see if the pc is selected to boot with Vista.

3. You could also try booting the pc whilst holding down the ( F11 ) key for ( System Recovery ) - Sometimes this key is the (Esc ) key on other pc's. In system recovery you can do a ( Factory Restore ) this will put the pc back to like when it first left the factory, you will then have to download the service packs 1 & 2 and save them to 2 separate DVD discs.

4. Holding down the ( F8 ) key whilst turning on the pc goes into ( Safe Mode ) If your pc is connected to the internet automatically then you should choose ( Safe mode with networking ) Then you can perform various checks and also do a full virus scan.

IMPORTANT! Here's a trick i had to use once when i had no image on my monitor screen, this resets the Bios on your pc:

Press keys when turning on pc with no screen image:
    1. Hold down ( F10 ) for 8 seconds..

2. Next: Press ( Down Arrow key ) 3 times..

3. Then press ( Enter/Return ) twice..

4. Restart pc ( turn off and on again ) Hopefully this will reset the Bios and the screen image will appear again.

Some of these tricks worked for my Vista 32 HP Desktop pc and another pc with Windows 7, hopefully some of these tips will work for you and get your pc up and running again, i'm not really a techy person, so do please forgive me if none of the above work for you.

Please let us know how you get on,

clive.

clive, Aug 31, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. edgibara

-CosmicEternity-

Could be like my computer which occasionally does work, but doesn't load anything on the screen for a while, and needs to be charged and/or put into safe mode beforehand. (Though in my case it's mainly a monitor problem.)

The OP is really not detailed enough for me to help, but read clive's helpful response.

-CosmicEternity-, Aug 31, 2016
    1. Advertisements