Windows Vista .BIOS is locked with password requesting help to unlock BIO

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by wilspeak, Apr 21, 2016.

1. wilspeak

wilspeak

Running Windows Vista Home . I am trying to access the system BIOS and it has a red password log in screen. I tried to guess and enter several log in passwords including the word DELL and none of them worked. I didn't want to enter too many wrong passwords because I didn't know if the system would lock me out. Can anyone help me by pass the BIOS log in password or some how disable it ? Thank You in advance.

Attached Files:

wilspeak, Apr 21, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. wilspeak

clive

Hi wilspeak,

In the past I've reset my BIOS & CMOS settings to clear the password on a HP desktop pc, it involved removing small blue & red coloured 'JUMPER PINS' and plugging them in again on the same socket, but in a different pin combination.. This following link may be of help to you, page 193-196 (You don't need to Flash the BIOS, so take note): http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_inspiron_desktop/inspiron-530_owner's manual_en-us.pdf

You should also take some close up pics with your mobile phone to aid in getting the pins back in the right combination before you remove them (back up help) Make sure you unplug the pc power supply before doing any work. I usually wear surgical gloves when doing similar work. Try and print out the pages or use a separate laptop/pc whilst carrying out the work, so you can follow the instructions.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    clive, Apr 21, 2016
    wilspeak likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. wilspeak

wilspeak

Hello clive, I contacted Dell and they gave me less information than you did and I stayed online with them for HOURS. To make a long story short, after going back and forth with Dell for a matter of hours they gave me 2 passwords: 1>> (DDEE8D37) AND 2>>( jnai104n) which neither did NOT work. Then after a few more hours they send me this message >>> "We have got a response from the team confirming it is the generic password and in case the BIOS fails to recognize it, we may have to replace the motherboard. Unfortunately the unit is out of warranty, please contact our out of warranty team to check the availability of part and service option. Please contact them on 1-800-822-6031 7 am - 12 am CST. "<< So you Clive have at least provided some concrete information, about this issue. I also was told removing the CMOS battery may reset the password or remove it. Thank You, I appreciate the advice.

wilspeak, Apr 21, 2016
  4. wilspeak

wilspeak

Hello Clive, I I found a way to solve this problem , I removed the CMOS Jumper for a minute like you suggested and it solved the problem. Dell didn't do jack . I then update dated the PC to windows 7. Thank you

wilspeak, Apr 22, 2016
  5. wilspeak

clive

I'm glad you sorted out your password issue.

Happy computing,

Clive. :)

clive, Apr 28, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question