Windows Vista and why you might want to wait

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by MafiaLord91, Feb 22, 2007.

1. MafiaLord91

MafiaLord91

I was using the RC1 and I have a few games that I play on computer but for some reason (software) none of them run correctly Warcraft 3 has no sound, Quake 4 wont run on high video settings and it crashes if you try. I tried a tri boot (linux, xp, and vista) but all I ever used was XP so I decided to wait till some games for vista came out (like Halo 2 for Vista). I also tried using Virtual PC but that really wont work properly. So if you use your computer for games like me you should wait a bit.

MafiaLord91, Feb 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. MafiaLord91

VistaRocks

Try using RTM, i have no problems with my games. Quake4(on high settings), UT2K4,Hitman, Halo and Guild wars all play great. RC1 was just a beta so yea it wasn't perfect.

VistaRocks, Feb 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. MafiaLord91

WAW8

I spent weeks using RTM, getting my apps to work, or finding out why they didn't. So, when the OEM version came out, I thought I knew what to expect, after all, I had read repeatedly that RTM and the OEM versions were essentially the same!

Sad to say, that was not true. I had several cases where the exact same installation that worked under RTM, under OEM either failed, or refused to install, or required UAC permission to run. I also had the opposite experiences, that is, where apps ran fine under OEM that failed or refused to install under RTM.

It could also be, since I selected apply updates as part of the install, that MS updates really introduced the differences, not the DVD itself.

Either way, just a warning that your experiences using RTM might not carry over to the OEM or retail versions.

WAW8, Feb 22, 2007
  4. MafiaLord91

MafiaLord91

So either Microsoft thought about people messing with the betas and RCs or they found a way to fix the game problems? By the way has anybody tried Warcraft 3 on RTM yet?

MafiaLord91, Feb 22, 2007
  5. MafiaLord91

blackhat

I wait because I don't have the money to buy vista.

and for some reasons it isn't safe for me to use an illegal copy of vista (they almost sued me)

blackhat, Feb 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question