Windows Update

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by mewnliter, Apr 11, 2012.

1. mewnliter

mewnliter

I just restored a Compaq Presario C500 with Vista Home Basic from the restore partition. It started out with no service packs but I have gotten all the updates and have it up to Service Pack 2. Amond other updates was Internet Explorer 9 which is installed and appears to be working fine. However, Windows Update still has it flagged and keeps trying to install it again and failing. Troubleshooting is a joke since it brings up a help screen with a long list of hexadecimal error messages, none of which match anything in the original error message. So it offered to run Microsoft Fixit and now the following window has popped up:
    "Troubleshooting cannot continue because an error has occurred
    We're sorry, but we couldn't verify the integrity of one or more components and cannot run the troubleshooter now. Please try again later."
    Below that it's hung on "Verifying the signature of MATSEngine_x86.cab..."
    I have spent two days on this project so far. Everything takes forever. The famous TrustedInstaller has been eating up my resources about half the time. If I charged what my time is worth, my customer would have been better off to go buy another laptop.
    How do I get around this mess? As I said before, IE 9 is installed and appears to be functioning properly.

mewnliter, Apr 11, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. mewnliter

johnwrites

hide the update that keeps trying to install in window update

johnwrites, Aug 6, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question