Windows Update installer error code Ox800ffff

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Trudie Scoles, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Trudie Scoles

Trudie Scoles

I treid to download the Windows Update Installer but error code Ox800ffff appeared??

Trudie Scoles, Jan 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Trudie Scoles

PC509

This is a known issue. Try this:

Open up Control Panel and navigate your way to Programs and Features.

Click View installed updates on the left hand side.

Find the update KB929777 and uninstall it.

Attempt to install the update again in Windows Update (if not successful, you can install it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F3-2B60-4B70-B709-06B2BC5B1336&displaylang=en)

Once successful, restart your PC.

PC509, Jan 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Trudie Scoles

lida1111

Problem solved.:) I too <U>had</U> this problem, Windows would not update and I would get error 800FFFF. It all started in Feb 2009. I have Windows Vista Ultimate. I searched everywhere for ananswer and wasn't going to give up to easily.I tried everything. My computer was getting to be unstable. On Jan 5, 2010, I printed off 40 pages of possible solutions and I went through them one by one crossing them off if they didn't work. I tried disabling all Antivirus software, changing Lan settings, tried removing KB929777, running virus scans, launching REGIT and deleting the two values (didn't have 3), etc etc. If I didn't find anything, I would call Microsoft and if all else failed I would use the Vista Disc. Then on page 16/40 I found the answer for me. Problem solved January 5, 2010.

Log in as the adminstrator. Create a restore point. Click Start, type in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS in the search block, click on it in the Files. It will probably give you are warning, are you sure, any changes ...... Say yes. Under that Component ifyou have the AdvancedInstallersNeedResolving key, right click and delete it. Shut down windows and restart.

Well it worked, I had 43 important updates. I did try a variiation of thisremoving 2 of the values, but it didn't seem to work. I might have done it wrong. Maybe, I didn't reboot, maybe I wasn't logged in as the adminstrator, I can't remember. Regardless the one solution above worked for me and was soooo easy.

Good Luck

Lida

lida1111, Jan 14, 2010
  4. Trudie Scoles

alexdavid

hi guys,..

i am new in this forum,..

i found that it is very helpful for me because it contains very informative posts and sharing s,..thanks

alexdavid, May 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question