Windows Update failures.....

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Nalydyenlo, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Nalydyenlo

Nalydyenlo

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I registered here just to see if I could get any solution to my Windows Update problem on Vista. I have an Acer desktop PC that came with windows Vista (SP1) pre-installed. Recently due to a virus attack, I decided it would be for the best to wipe it clean and restore it to it's 'factory condition' using the Acer eRecovery tool/partition. I backed up what I could, performed the restoration and within half an hour, I was looking at a clean (although somewhat bloated with a lot of unnecessary pre-installed crap) installation of Vista with service pack 1. I have been busy for the last day or so installing my favorite software, updating drivers and getting rid of all the pre-installed bloatware. I did manage to download and install service pack 2 without any problems but my problem is that whenever I run Windows Update, it downloads the necessary updates but most if not all the installations fail. After the 'installations', I reboot to see a big long list of failed updates. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks in advance.

Nalydyenlo, Jan 16, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question