Windows Update doesn't work after System Restore

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by lacfadio, Nov 4, 2008.

1. lacfadio

lacfadio

Hi All,

I have a Lenovo X61 Tablet with Visa Business (32-bit). After a system restore, everything is working fine (after some reinstalls), apart from Windows Vista itself. For starters, Update does not work - I double click on it, a window flashes and then vanishes (no sign appears in the window). Then there are more troubling signs: I cannot get into User Account Control to turn it off and off, for instance; right click on the main desktop, go down to sort by... and I have a blank set of options rather than the usual choices).

Does anyone have any idea how I can get Windows Update working again?

cheers,

L.

lacfadio, Nov 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. lacfadio

WAW8

Go into our General Technical forum and read the pinned post on repairing Windows Update. That would be a start.

WAW8, Nov 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. lacfadio

lacfadio

Thanks for the link WAW8, I tried that, but was told the file I was supposed to delete could not be found, and the Windows Update available for manual install was not necessary as Windows Update was already installed. Any idea what I should try next?

cheers,

lacafdio

lacfadio, Jan 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question