Windows Task Manager Problem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by leadfoot_35, Feb 12, 2008.

1. leadfoot_35

leadfoot_35

Okay so you know how you normally access the Task Manager on vista right? Ctrl-Alt-delete then select it from the options your given. Lock This Computer, Switch User, Log Off, Change a password, or start Task Manager. Well I frequently have to use task manager to close crashed games but recently it has just dissapeared! I press Ctrl-Alt-delete like normally but the option of opening task manager is no longer available! Does anyone know why this has happened, how to fix it, or another way to access task manager? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

leadfoot_35, Feb 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. leadfoot_35

wsieving

I am having this same problem... just started today actually. I have only had my computer for a few days, but already I am not too thrilled with Vista. I suppose the kinks will be worked out eventually but until then I am only thrilled about the inclusion of windows media center. I hope someone has an answer to this.

wsieving, Feb 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. leadfoot_35

leadfoot_35

I'm wondering if it wasn't changed in an automatic update that my computer always seems to want to install, If so I hope they've provided a different access point.

leadfoot_35, Feb 13, 2008
  4. leadfoot_35

MikeMatty

hey guys,

I'm having the exact same problem! For the time being, and even after this problem is fixed I would recommend Process Explorer.

Download it from Microsoft here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

If they link no longer works, search Process Explorer.

Good Luck Guys :)

MikeMatty, Feb 15, 2008
  5. leadfoot_35

kingofnexus

Ctrl-shift-esc is the new 'standard' way of accesing task manager. It takes you straight to it, no middle man. So remember in future to use ctrl-shift-esc and not ctrl-alt-del.

kingofnexus, Feb 16, 2008
  6. leadfoot_35

leadfoot_35

Crtl-shift-esc does nothing for me....

leadfoot_35, Feb 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question