Windows Needs To Be Reinstalled To Activate

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by mlyon, Apr 7, 2007.

1. mlyon

mlyon

I Purchased An OEM Version Of Vista Ultimate (32bit) (Yes I Am I System Builder)

Vista Installed It Self With Out Any Problems, Loaded Straight into Windows, Everything Was Happy...

Did The On-line Activation Which Was Fine And Also Did The Genuine Validation Process Which It Passed...

I Restarted The Computer (Without Installing Any Updates / Software or drivers.)

Windows Went To Log In And It Comes Up With An Error Window That Has The Title: "Windows Must Br Reinstalled To Activate" and in the dialog box it has "Please Insert The Installation CD Or DVD To Begin The Re-installation Process". And In The Bottom Right Corner Of The Screen It Has The Following: "Windows Vista (TM) Build 6000 This Copy Of Windows Is Not Genuine"

After Rebooting Several time (This Being 4-8 Times) It Eventually Logs In. Still Has The Text In The Bottom Right Of The Screen...

From Here I Have Tried Several THings...

1. Gone To The Genuine Site And Run The Diagnostics Tool Which Said Everything Was Fine, Then Validated Windows And It Said Thank you For Validating... blah blah blah {note the text is still in the bottom right of the screen}

2. Ran slui.exe / slui 4 / slui 8 - reactivated windows over the phone - windows is happy {note the text is still in the bottom right of the screen and the system page in control panel says windows is activated.}

3. Installed The Update - KB931573 (info at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931573 )

4. Tried Re-installing and repairing vista more times than you could count on your fingers and toes...

I Have Spoken To A Microsoft 'Technician', who was extremely helpful and told me to run the slui 4 which first put a temporary fix on the problem. So thinking everything was OK closed the case with them... 3 days later the message pops up again...

Any Suggestions....

Matt

mlyon, Apr 7, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. mlyon

kingofnexus

Erm, reinstall windows? Wouldn't hurt.

kingofnexus, Apr 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. mlyon

mlyon

Sorry... Forgot To Mention That I Have Tried That About 15 times... :D

mlyon, Apr 8, 2007
  4. mlyon

kingofnexus

LOL ok. After googling it seems it usually dissapears on restarting. I have no idea of how to help. Keep going on at MS and they might be able to resolve the issue.

kingofnexus, Apr 8, 2007
  5. mlyon

mlyon

The Microsoft Tech That I Spoke To Said It Was The First They Had Ever Heard Of This Problem... So They Aren't Going To Be Much Help... :p

mlyon, Apr 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question