Windows Media Player (Program Does Not Open)

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by nhlblues, Jan 26, 2019.

1. nhlblues

nhlblues

Hello:

The Windows Media Player program in Vista does not open up to view the contents on the screen, except just in the bottom tool bar when I click on the Windows Media Player icon in the program list. When I click on the icon in the tool bar, Windows Media Player does not open. I have VLC Media Player installed, but I want to be able to have access to Windows Media Player and have it as the default program. Why does the Windows Media Player icon show in the bottom tool bar, but does not open on the full screen?

Do I uninstall VLC Media Player in order for the Windows Media Player (WMP) to be accessible? If not, what is the procedure for either reinstalling the WMP program or any suggestion to access the program?

I have inserted an image of some of the Windows programs showing the Window Media Player as seen in the list of programs.

Thank you.

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER.jpg

nhlblues, Jan 26, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. nhlblues

Edward S

VLC should noy be an issue why dont you try uninstalling and reinstall WMP,

Uninstall Windows Media Player

Open up Control Panel and type “windows features” into the search box, and then click on Turn Windows features on or off.

upload_2019-7-26_1-6-29.png
    Go down to Media Features –> Windows Media Player

upload_2019-7-26_1-7-4.png

Then Reboot, That is all

Turn Windows Media Player Back On

Head back into Windows Features on or off, and check the box again.

upload_2019-7-26_1-10-7.png
    At this point hopefully your problem should be solved.

Cheers!!!!

Edward S, Jul 25, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question