Windows Media Center Playback Issues

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by acrididae, Nov 22, 2011.

1. acrididae

acrididae

Here's my story up to me joining this forum, and asking for help.
    Had a Win7 for a while with WMC.
    Purchased Xbox 360, and found out about WMC.
    Thoroughly enjoyed WMC.
    PC with Win 7 goes kaput due to HP being a SoB.
    I buy a Vista due to lack of funds.
    Their version of WMC isn't supporting AVI playback.
    I am miffed.
    So, there's the update, too bad nothing comes up in the google bars, right?
    So this is what I know; WMC on Win7 has no problems at all playing AVI files.
    Xbox 360 came up with a media update in '07 to play avi files, so this shouldn't be a problem.
    But this vista is supposedly ,'up to date.' and all these other forums are not helping me out.
    They keep saying download codecs...So, I downloaded a lot of them, then un-installed all of them because they didn't work, and just stuck with downloading VLC because I normally have that program available.
    All I really want to do is sit back and relax and watch my obtained avi files, with out having hte discomfort of having to convert everything I have back into a crappier format just to be happy. That's too much time that I have to find to do that. If anyone can help me out, that'd be great. Because as of so far, I've found no solutions through google.
    If you want to know what I'm running:
    Windows Vista SP2.
    I doubt anything other then that is important, but this computer is basically reduced to factory settings, so this is my first few days trying to get everything back to working shape. Thank you for any and all support. If there is something I may've missed, and this doesn't deserve to be here, please PM me your message telling me so, as I have not clicked to receive e-mails from everyone.

acrididae, Nov 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question