Windows Mail and Imap folder checking

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by babyb, Nov 29, 2006.

1. babyb

babyb

Hi all,

this is my first post here but I've been using this forums alot over the last few days.

I've now been running RC2 for about a week and my system has finally settled down.

I've been struggling with BSOD's for the last few days because of driver issues but after a bit of hardware swapping I now have a usable system.

However, I've found an oddity with Window Mail (not Live Mail).

I use Imap as my mail agent and Windows Mail deals with Imap quite nicely however it does something a little odd at "Send and Receive" time. When it checks the mail server for new messages, it checks every single imap folder (i have about 20) in turn.

I noticed in the option in Account Setting/Properties thats called "Check for new messages in all folders" but that is UNTICKED.

This seemed to be the most logical option to me but it doesn't appear to work.

Does this button function or is there a know issue here?

Or am I using the incorrect option?

Any advice you can offer would be gratefully received.

Babyb

babyb, Nov 29, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. babyb

pendragn

I too am seeing this. I just got a new laptop running Vista Business and am seeing Windows Mail check all of my folders on my 2x accounts, even though I have that same option unticked, to NOT check all folders, but it does anyway. Anyone help with this, please? there are others who have posted about this on other forums, but no one ever has a solution....thanks!

pendragn, Apr 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question