windows live mail keeps downloading same mail

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by lanchongzi, Mar 12, 2008.

1. lanchongzi

lanchongzi

i don't know why, but every time i start windows live mail it downloads the same mails again ( yahoo account ) windows mail is the same

how to fix this?

I really don't need 20+ copies of the same mail

lanchongzi, Mar 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. lanchongzi

WAW8

Sorry, I've grown so fond of webmail that I rarely use client-based email anymore, including Windows Mail, so this will be from memory ...

There's typically a setting in client-based email apps along the line of "keep mail on server" (or something like that). If this is set, the server does not remove the mail when you download it, thus, every time you go back to the server, the same mail is there. You need to change this to remove the mail from the server. Then, when you go back, it will not have the same mail.

WAW8, Mar 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. lanchongzi

cpemma

You're right, but Live Mail should be more intelligent than to serve you extra copies to the same In-box. Under the Account/Properties/Advanced you can elect to leave a copy on the server (it may be default), a sub-option to leave it for a chosen number of days, and there's also a setting to delete that mail on the server if you delete it locally (probably not default). I did find I hadn't checked that last box, and deleting a mail resulted in a fresh copy being downloaded. Have a look at your account settings, adjust to suit.

cpemma, Mar 14, 2008
  4. lanchongzi

WAW8

So, you can't delete it from the server? And if you delete it locally, it downloads it again?

This is why I don't use any Windows "Live" stuff anymore -- it's nearly impossible to get it do what YOU want, instead of what MS wants.

Maybe you can see why I've grown so fond of Webmail.

WAW8, Mar 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question