Windows Live Mail Disappearing Inbox

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by cadillacactor, Jul 10, 2013.

1. cadillacactor

cadillacactor

Hello All,

Now before you tell me to check my ports or SSL settings or click "Show All Messages" in the View menu, I've done all that.

Today we had a power outage, and some of the messages that I had just received were in my inbox at the time of the outage. Now, upon rebooting, I no longer have any messages in my inbox. When I look through the hidden files of the PC to go into the Windows Mail folder under Appdata, I can find my inbox with ALL of my messages (new and old). However, I can't get them to show up in Windows Mail. On the "Home" screen of Windows Mail it says I have 146 read messages in my inbox, but when I click inbox it says "There Are No Messages In This View."

Additionally, I am returning the following error message on the Send/Receive action:
    An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop-server.indy.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.indy.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x80004005

So.

That's my problem. I have messages in my inbox in a way, but I can't get them to show up in Windows Mail. I've been googling for an hour and a half, looking at forums, and on and on. To no avail. Please let me know how to fix this. It's much appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff

cadillacactor, Jul 10, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. cadillacactor

Ztruker

Run chkdsk c: /r from the Run box.

Press Windows key + R to open the Run box.
    Type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter.

You will get a Command Prompt window with this in it:
    Enter y and press Enter.
    Reboot. Let chkdsk run to completion. See if that fixes your problem.

Ztruker, Jul 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question