Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working.

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by vista_really_sucks, Dec 24, 2008.

1. vista_really_sucks

vista_really_sucks

Hello, I have had a vista since the day it has came out, and just about two weeks ago I started having a problem with rundll32. This is what the error loooks like: [​IMG]

Now, I have no idea how to fix this andI do not have Nero installed.I have tryed everything that i could but nothing has worked.This error comes up when i click on change date and time settings.[​IMG]

It has also happened when I click on NVIDIA control panel, looks like this:[​IMG]

And i dont have any idea if this picture will help,but this is what the "process" looks like on the windows task manager. [​IMG]

The details of the rundll32 are in this photo: [​IMG]

Here is my system information: [​IMG]

And finally since from what I have looked at, Data Execution Prevention is the one that is closing it, but I put the Rundll32.exe process in the " do not turn on DEP for this program " [​IMG]

Now, vista is really frustrating me with all the problems thatI have encontered, you can probably tell that I do not like vista from my username.

Any help will be greatly apperciated. Thank-you for your time.

- Colin.

vista_really_sucks, Dec 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. vista_really_sucks

WAW8

Wish I had a simple "fix" for this, but I don't.

I've linked a TechNet thread below to several different fixes. Sorry, but rather than start a long, involved, question and answer session, I'd rather just point you to a bunch of possible solutions. Maybe one of them will work for you. These include the Nero files, which you don't have, but also include multiple rundll32 files, various other SW that conflicts, and on "page" 4, an Nvidia helper service that causes this problem -- and you mentioned Nvidia yourself.

[url]http://social.technet.microso.../thread/f61f45f4-c61c-4bf7-957e-c22df5db1950/ [/url]

Hope one of these helps.

WAW8, Dec 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. vista_really_sucks

vista_really_sucks

Thank - You for the reply, hopefully one of these methods will work. Ill let you know if any of these methods work. Thanks for your time.

- Colin

vista_really_sucks, Dec 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question