Windows Home Server Pics!

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

[​IMG]

Windows Home Server is bringing sexy back! Yea! All those Apples don’t know how to act! Yea! Uhhhhh…Moving on…..

CrunchGear has posted a picture (above) and some information about Windows Home Server. Windows Home Server is a plug ‘n play server. It lets you store any files you may need to store and share it with up to 10 other people wirelessly and you can also access your files anywhere in the world via a free custom domain. (ex: www.what ever you want.com) A rep told CrunchGear that the server has internal drives, but the storage capacity differs. Microsoft is using these as OEM devices and is customizing them to different manufacturers needs. HP is planning to release their version of Windows Home Server in Q2 of this year with a storage capacity between 500GB and 1TB. There’s also four USB ports and three extra drive bays in case you run out of storage from all that pirating. The price? Rumor has it that it will be around in the $500 range.

[​IMG]

Windows Home Server is not a extra computer. There are no ports for a monitor, mouse, or keyboard. You will admin your Windows Home Server via an application on your regular computer.

Jason, Jun 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

MafiaLord91

Cool! Now I need to steal more money though *not serious*. I have a feeling it would be terrible as a normal web server.

MafiaLord91, Jun 20, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Jason

Ya I doubt it could run a webserver. Its mainly for storage.

Jason, Jun 21, 2007
  4. Jason

kingofnexus

Sounds a good idea. Just need ISP's to increase the upload speeds. This might infact make a push for faster upload speeds.

kingofnexus, Jun 22, 2007
  5. Jason

cnlevo

I would be 100% sold on it if it came with Ethernet ports. I love wireless and all but for transfering big files and especially for storage...i'd like to have the OPTION to run it wired as well as wireless....

cnlevo, Jul 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question