Windows explorer has stopped working loop..

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Pentheon, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Pentheon

Pentheon

For some reason my computer just keeps saying "windows explorer has stopped working" then another popup comes up and says "windows explorer is restarting" and the only thing I can do it basically go on websites which is even hard to do. I cant get to any programs on my computer cause it refreshes everything on my desktop and the start menu..

I tried to restart, I tried turning it off for about a half hour but it just keeps doing the same thing over and over.

only thing I did was go on easportsworld.com and got 2 madden videos i uploaded from the ps3, then downloaded one to my desktop from the website...

I searched google and basically tried everything everyone said, but I ended process on exlplorer.exe and hit new task typed C;\ then desktop, when I went to my desktop I deleted a few files I didn't need and realized the time this started happening was when I downloaded that madden video, so I tried to delete the flv video and it says windows explorer has stopped working. This has to be the file causing my problems, I tried to right click and delete, tried to drag to the trash bin and I tried to just scroll over and hit the delete button, but the same message keeps coming up.

How can I get rid of this file? Im pretty sure it will work after this..

thank you

Pentheon, Aug 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Pentheon

Pentheon

Finally fixed it.. I went into safe mode a few times before and couldnt just delete it off the desktop because the loop would keep gettin in the damn way..

So I went to ctrl+alt+delete ended process on explorer.exe started new task went to desktop and deleted it fine, then readded explorer.exe all in safe mode and worked :)

I shoulda did that yesterday when I was in safe mode

Pentheon, Aug 24, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question