Windows explorer has stopped working loop & 0x81000202 error

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by bretty, May 2, 2007.

1. bretty

bretty

Heya i bought a new lap top out of the box a toshiba satellite a100 with vista ready to go. It was working fine for a week then a few days ago i started to to "windows explorer has stopped working error messages and then a windows explorer is restarting" these two messages just reloop constantly and i can access any programs except via my browser.

I attempted to restore system files and seetings but i encountered the following error the volume shadow copy service used by system restore isnt working <A>0x81000202</A>.

Its totally maddening when you cant use a brand new comp because of it please can someone help low tech minded pleb before hethrows the laptop away :)

Cheers

Brett

E [email protected]

bretty, May 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. bretty

bretty

someone...anyone?

bretty, May 2, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. bretty

Walker

is it possible to try reinstalling? or do you have needed files on there?

Walker, May 3, 2007
  4. bretty

bretty

cant reinstall i use the laptop for business so theres files i need

bretty, May 3, 2007
  5. bretty

bretty

since no one knows i guess i should of bought a mac! vista sucks

bretty, May 3, 2007
  6. bretty

VistaRocks

First off lets just calm down with the Vista sucks comments, thank you. Now have you tried doing a repair using the Vista disk? You wont lose you files with a repair.What was the last thing you installed when you first started having problems?

VistaRocks, May 3, 2007
  7. bretty

Walker

Sorry it's just that i have never stumbled upon this problem. Are you sure it's not a virus? Also for your "i should've bought a mac" ofcourse mac are gonna have better support, it's been here longer than vista.

Anyhow you should be able reinstal just windows without formating. atleast you could with XP except there it was called "repair"...

Walker, May 3, 2007
  8. bretty

bretty

lol i was joking! ill try the product recovery disk if i cna make sense of it thisis a tad newish to me...

thanks for your help guys

bretty, May 4, 2007
  9. bretty

shirley

Thanks, I got a new laptop for Christmas and vista has been working fine until I tried to install adobe photoshop elements 5. It installs with the pictures, BUT the editor won't load! I've been working on for days, via forum for elements, adobe online and yesterday I called they said it would cost $30 to talk to me and fix it. I said no thanks.

About this same time I was getting this same restore error 0x81000202 you've been talking about, I wasn't sure what to do about that? I just found this forum today and there was my answer, thanks guys. Maybe that will fixe the elements problems also. I cross my fingers and try again.

Shirley

:w00t:

shirley, Feb 1, 2008
  10. bretty

WAW8

WAW8, Feb 1, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question