Windows could not detect a dial-up modem

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by devo9999au, May 8, 2007.

1. devo9999au

devo9999au

Hello, Im just another newbywith another problem...

Trying to set up a dial up connection to my ISP with Vista Ultimate 64. It founda modem (an Aztech EM6800-A). When trying to create a new dialup connection I get the message "Windows could not detect a dial-up modem". It also asks "Is the modem connected?" and "Is the modem switched on?". Yes it is and yes it is. It is also listed in the device manager and it is enabled and working properly. If anyone has any suggestions they'd be appreciated. :unsure:

devo9999au, May 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. devo9999au

Quiksilver

Have you tried reinstalling the drivers? That would be my 1st place to start.... unless its a known fault that someone else can suggest. Make sure you have the drivers on CD before you attempt to remove them from your system though!

Quiksilver, May 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. devo9999au

devo9999au

Yeh, triedusing the modem install cd. It won't accept any of the drivers due to thembeing for32 bit older windows versions up to 2000. Also tried aztech for updated versions but they no longer supportthe modemcalling it a EOL (End of Life) product. Vista has its own drivers for it. It is listed in the device manager and said to be working properly. Its just the connection wizard doesn't detect it. Thanks for your reply though dude.

devo9999au, May 9, 2007
  4. devo9999au

kingofnexus

Probelms are bound to arise from old products. I assume you are in a non broadband enabled area. You could try and get a new modem, they are bound to be cheap now as noone uses them anymore.

kingofnexus, May 9, 2007
  5. devo9999au

devo9999au

Hey, thanks for reply..

Nothing but problems with vista. Have to muck about getting even little things like dial-up to work. I still use dial-up, don't need broadband. There is broadband in my area.Im trying to save money. I'll throw my modem away and get broadband. You'd think if it was in device manager the wizard would be able to detect it. Conclusion - Toobad, get a new modem. :(

devo9999au, May 9, 2007
  6. devo9999au

Quiksilver

I have boxes of modems mate, PCI ones.

If you want one, ill check it for Vista compatibility, and you can have it for the cost of P&P. (Post me a Cheque...)

Ill include the driver if i can find it too.

Let me know mate.

Quiksilver, May 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question