Wierd problems about ready to throw this laptop out the window!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by hotnicklez, Dec 26, 2007.

1. hotnicklez

hotnicklez

Ok here is the problem had Vista(Ultimate) now for about 5 mos no prob at all, until about 2 weeks ago. I first start experiencing the error boxes about windows explorer had crashed, now I get no error box, when I go to the pearl and click on any programs I they all come up and work fine no problems, but when I click on anything windows related (i.e. Pictures, Music, Documents etc...) every thing go away the explorer toolbar and the windows boxes only the applications that are not associated with windows stay up, all the icons and everything GONE! Also some else weird I open IE and click on a tab to surf, then all of a sudden IE goes nut it starts opening up tabs like crazy I mean like 50 or so. I just go to task manager and kill the process for IE and for the windows explorer thing I have to log-off and then log back in! Also to note I have Kaspersky installed which has been installed since I had the PC please help me here because I use my PC daily and I need it to perform, very much a burden. I did a virus scan and it finds nothing, I did find a trojan that said something about Browser Modifier, but I deleted it and still has issues!

hotnicklez, Dec 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. hotnicklez

TimeRanger

I would try several different anti-virus programs, because no program is perfect and one may find something that the other(s) didn't. Most have free, on-line applications that can scan your system.

TimeRanger, Dec 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. hotnicklez

kingofnexus

Do a system restore (type 'system restore' in start menu) back to a date before the problems started.

Then get Avast! anti virus, its better than any antivirus you pay for in the shops. Also you may want to consider uninstalling norton or mcafee as they cause more problems than they solve.

Also another av alternative is AVG, which is again free.

Link to Avast!: http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Run the antivirus as soon as you download it, straight after youve done a system restore, so if it was a virus you catch it as soon as possible if it is still around after the system restore.

kingofnexus, Dec 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question