Why 15+ Million People Can Get Legal Copies of Windows Vista for as Low as $69

Discussion in 'Vista News' started by Jason, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

<DIV id=loop_single><H3 class=title><SPAN>Why 15+ Million People Can Get Legal Copies of Windows Vista for as Low as $69</SPAN><BR class=clear></H3><DIV class=content>

Although they don’t all know it, over 72 million people — that’s 1/4 of the United States population doesn’t have to pay full price for popular software titles like Microsoft Office 2007, Adobe Acrobat, Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop and other expensive software packages.

<IFRAME name=google_ads_frame marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.co...32&amp;u_tz=-360&amp;u_his=29&amp;u_java=true" frameBorder=0 width=728 scrolling=no height=15 allowTransparency></IFRAME>

According to the US census of 1999, there were 72 million students in the US and pretty much all of them qualify for academic discounts to the same software that’s sold in BestBuy, OfficeDepot, Amazon, and other mainstream retailers. 15 Million college students pack-up for school each year in the fall, donning their new laptops and MANY of them wasted their money on software that could have been purchased for 80% less.

And if you’re a parent of one of these 15 million kids that are off to college (or hundreds of thousands in grad school), you could get in on these same $69 offers for Windows Vista.

But there’s one thing for sure, if you’re a student, teacher or a parent, there’s a way to get up to 80% off (really) software like the new MicrosoftWindows Vistafor $69or Microsoft Office 2007 for $139that came out today.

A little known fact is that software companies sell “academic” versions of their software heavily discounted through little publicized channels. They

Jason, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

blackhat

I wich they got those offers in the netherlands.

I have to pay 400 euro's to get vista:crying:

even if they got those offers here I would be too young:unsure:

blackhat, Jan 31, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Camride

So this would work for any teacher right? My wife and I both work for the county, she's a Pre-K teacher and I'm a tech for one of the schools. So technically she should be able to get that discount, correct? If so, I'll be using that to my advantage to get a copy of Vista.

:)

Camride, Feb 1, 2007
  4. Jason

kasfig

May I kindly enquire also, in regard to the licensing conditions of the "academic" version : - If a student buys the OS then graduates from being a student; is he technically still allowed to use the OS?
    Also: what if he installs it on his PC then sells the PC: is the new owner allowed to use it?

kasfig, Dec 18, 2012
  5. Jason

clifford_cooley

Please consider the fact that Microsoft themselves are probably confused as to what they will allow.

I would say yes as you paid your dues by being a student.
    That's a technicality that is most likely not allowed but overlooked if such a scenario was to occur.

clifford_cooley, Dec 19, 2012
  6. Jason

kasfig

re student edition

Dear Sir
    Thank you for your most helpful comments

I regard your answer that Microsoft are confused themselves about what would be allowed as a good shrewd answer.
    If a person being genuinely a student bought it , installed it, and used it as a student, then surely it would be an unreasonable scenario for a person to be required to uninstall the software once they leave education.
    Perhaps the same line of reasoning would apply in regard to the matter of selling on the system.
    If one has bought and used it as a student during the early life of the software, then one might reasonably be regarded as having paid ones dues as you put it. For the residual life of the operating system (ie before it becomes obsolete) one might reasonably conclude that a new owner would not be working a misdemeanour by carrying on with the already-installed OS on that system.
    Still , one can always read the licensing condition, which I guess I need to do.
    by the way some statement from microsoft on these issues would be helpful.
    Thank you
    Ian

kasfig, Dec 19, 2012
  7. Jason

kasfig

ps One might conclude that if the person buying the software is a student at the time he buys and installs it, then that is OK and he is free to use it forever, but on the other hand if a person (including the original buyer) later on does a fresh install with that disk, then if he or she is not a student at that point then that would be a misdemeanour

your kind comments would be appreciated thank you
    Ian

kasfig, Dec 19, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question