What's Vista?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WindozBaby, Mar 8, 2007.

1. WindozBaby

WindozBaby

HAHA, jk

What's up everyone. I've grown up with Windows my whole life and have upgraded to the newest edition.

I'm running Vista Basic that came with my laptop.

laptop specs:

AMD Turion 64 x2 @ 1.8ghz

1 gig ram

120 hdd

dvd r/w

15.4 widescreen with truelife

(i think) 64 or 128 mb graphics chip, shared up to 256mb

So far everything's great. A couple of hiccups here and there(It is windows at the end of the day) but pretty much a great experience so far. Hope to enjoy more from it and looking forward to being apart of this forum.

WindozBaby, Mar 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. WindozBaby

VistaRocks

Welcome:)

VistaRocks, Mar 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. WindozBaby

Crispy

:)Greetings:)

Crispy, Mar 9, 2007
  4. WindozBaby

Antrax

Welcome...and OMG do I remember windows 3.1! :crazy:

Antrax, Mar 9, 2007
  5. WindozBaby

WindozBaby

Thanks everyone

Yeah suprisingly I do too. I was a little kid but I do remember it being 200,000 times better than the amiga I had.

WindozBaby, Mar 9, 2007
  6. WindozBaby

Jason

Ain't vista that new Red Hat Linux open source?

Jason, Mar 11, 2007
  7. WindozBaby

MafiaLord91

Sarcasm?:D Is it just me or has Microsoft really only succeeded on their last 3 consumer operating systems (Windows 2000, XP, and Vista)? 95 and 98 are a pain and ME is junk.

MafiaLord91, Apr 10, 2007
  8. WindozBaby

Walker

brrrrr. I was 6 when i last saw 3.1 still gives me the chills. similar windows landscape as you.

3.1>the ****iest Mac OS there ever was>95>98>me>2000>2003 Server :S>XP and hated it> Vista in love with it

Walker, Apr 11, 2007
  9. WindozBaby

cyclic

I agree 95 (first ed.) was a bit ropey and everyone including MS recognises that ME was a monumental disaster but I think 98 was good and despite it's supposed pitfalls I installed 98 (first ed. again) on many a machine and they kept healthy and happy for many years, in fact some of them still do, I can't get the customers to update they get no problems with it and these are peeps who in the main are the silver surfer types who just want to write an occasional letter or send and recieve pics from relatives in far off exotic lands like Humberside and Cornwall, so they are low end users who don't see the point updating and from the number of problems I get called out to I have to agree, most I get to see once a year for an overhaul and that's it.

So after a long entirely uncalled for ramble I think MS started to nail this OS thing on 98 and have got better with each subsequent version.

I was going along happy with XP PRO which I thought I would hang on to for another year or so but my dear wifey knows I'm bonkers on PC's and stuff so she got the info out of me on which was probably what I would get for out PC's at home and then a nice shiney version of Home Premium arrived a week later, she ain't a bad girl I have to say (only when she needs to be !!!), glad she did 'cos I have to admit being rather smitten with it, especially it's new self diagnostic tools that run seamlessly and fix an extraordinary number of potential troubles.

MS Vista way to go boys.

cyclic, Apr 12, 2007
  10. WindozBaby

kingofnexus

What was wrong with Windows 95? I thought it was great! Didn't even bother with 98. Went straight from 95 to XP!

kingofnexus, Apr 13, 2007
  11. WindozBaby

Walker

Don't diss 95 please people. It's the only system that wouldn't load for me :) Although i must admit i am notorious for crappy pcs. Anyways I AM NOW GLAD :) just order an extra gig of RAM hopefully that problem will go away :)

Walker, Apr 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question