What should I do?

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by caleb277, Feb 4, 2007.

1. caleb277

caleb277

I am currently running Vista RC1 (Ultimate). I will eventually need to upgrade because in a few months I will be cut off from upgrades. My question is what can I upgrade to?

Can I upgrade to Home Premium? I am not sure because I have RC1 but it is Ultimate; you cannot downgrade. If so, do I need to pay for the full version?

Do I have to upgrade to Ultimate, or do I have to get the full version?

I would downgrade by booting off the XP disc and reformatting my hard drive but my Dell Inspiron didn't come with a XP CD; it uses the Symantec software but that got uninstalled when I installed Vista. Can I use another computer's XP CD and product key?

Pretty much, I just want to know what I can upgrade to and if I need the upgrade or full version, or if I can use another computer's XP CD and product key and downgrade.

Any answer will help.

Thank you.

caleb277, Feb 4, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. caleb277

blackhat

you can't upgrade from one vista installation to another. you have to buy one

I'm not sure what microsoft uses to verify you are a XP user.

I do know you have to start the upgrade within XP

blackhat, Feb 5, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question