What is difference b/w Window and Linux...?

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by Unapvpfa, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Unapvpfa

Unapvpfa

Hi friends..,

I want to know which is best b/w the window and linux systems.?

And which suits well for internet.?

Unapvpfa, Jun 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Unapvpfa

Outlooker

There really isn't a best fit. It is what you are comfortable with. If you like windows and are at ease with it, then use windows. If you enjoy using linux and feel it is for you then use it.

I use both and I am happy with either. Horses for courses etc

Outlooker, Jun 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Unapvpfa

WAW8

Both "windows" and "linux" are terms that group LOTS of different Operating Systems into single terms. With such generalization, it's not possible to provide a definitive answer.

Of the Windows OSs, Windows 7 is proving to be the best yet.

Of the hundreds of Linux distributions (known as Distros), Ubuntu has shown to be the most popular -- but its recent switch to a smart-phone kind of UI has met with some disappointment.

Both the Windows OSs and the Linux OSs include browsers that will access the Internet.

The main differences between the two sets of OSs are the following:
    1) Linux OSs are free; Windows OSs cost money
    2) Linux OSs generally come on a DVD (or download) that allow you to "try" the OS without installing it on your PC -- to see how well it works. Windows OSs have to be installed to be used.
    3) Linux OSs make a huge variety of free and/or Open Source applications available that provide nearly all the functionality of MS Windows apps; most of the MS Windows apps cost money -- although more utilities are coming out in free versions every day.
    4) Linux OSs can be installed on any number of PCs and can easily be migrated from one PC to another; MS Windows OSs are limited to one PC and are difficult to migrate to another PC.

WAW8, Jun 2, 2011
  4. Unapvpfa

Cammygirl192

Linux is a very broad term!

If you are looking to host a web server, have a high technological ability, or wish to have full control and customisation over your computer, I would recommend a Linux distribution, there are a high number of them suited to different purposes. Personally, I have a particular liking to XFCE, since it looks attractive while also being light on resources, making it suitable for an older computer.

I personally prefer Windows, especially Windows XP and Vista as my top revisions of the product line, however Linux has its strengths. No single OS can be superior to all others, they are suited to different purposes and functions.

I hope this helps anyone who happens to be reading.

~Cammy White

Cammygirl192, Mar 21, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question