what do you want to have changed in windows vista?

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by blackhat, Oct 8, 2006.

1. blackhat

blackhat

what I dont like about vista:

[​IMG]

I want a "page up" button. why is it gone?:w00t:

blackhat, Oct 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. blackhat

Jason

That is true. Im pretty satisfied with the most of it.

Jason, Oct 9, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. blackhat

Bistro

So far I'm pretty impressed (save for some currently unavailable drivers and incompatibility for some of my (quite old) legacy programs). I thought it was just going to be a pure eye-candy push over XP, but I'm seeing some nice new functions in there that are a definite improvement....more intuitive. But what I would like to see changed for now (excuse my ignorance if they are there, but I just haven't discovered them yet):

1. Sidebar slideshow should have an option of where to look for pics to show (i.e Web/wallpapers) rather than just the user's My Pictures.

2. Micropuff's Sidebar Gadgets page is pretty lame....most of the gadgets there are totally useless....how many people need to see a weather report exclusively for Bullfrog Gulch, Idaho? A digital clock that looks like it came out of amid 70's egg timer? A gadget that takes you to Firefox's download page? Now THERE'S one I would like to keep on MY Sidebar....real handy-dandy...but just once.:ermm: I wax cynical....

3. The User Account Control/Security Center nag screens: the boys in Redmond are WAY too paranoid. I've got mine turned off, but I understand that having it turned off might interfere with some Vista utilities(?). I can understand the philosophy behind it, but do we really need two nag screens to pop up every time I even think of running a file?No thanks...I'm fairly knowledgable of the file game, so I'll just be real careful, OK? (Everything I download off the net I put into a special folder and scan it first anyway.)

4. Microsoft Mail....nice idea, but it will not connect with Hotmail. Last time I checked, Microsoft owns BOTH of them. Why aren't they "compatible"? Having Outlook Express not being able to connect with Hotmail was silly enough, but c'mon....

Stay tuned....I'm still looking around the joint called Vista. :cool:

Bistro, Oct 18, 2006
  4. blackhat

blackhat

hotmail works fine here on outlook express (xp)

blackhat, Oct 18, 2006
  5. blackhat

Bistro

Interesting....(see? I really DON'T know everything...:D) My Outlook Express in XP does not have an HTTP option for receiving/sending mail. I also remember reading some article or post somewhere else that OE won't do Hotmail.......methinks something stinky is afoot....

Bistro, Oct 18, 2006
  6. blackhat

Darth Cracker

Personally, I'd like to see a graphical representation of what disk defragmenter is doing...makes me more confident that Disk Defragmenter is running. I've had it on for a couple of hours at a time and always end up cancelling it because I'm not sure it is working.I have it set to run once a week, overnight anyways.

Darth Cracker, Oct 19, 2006
  7. blackhat

neal_head

You think that is a problem... try this one out.... If your hard drive fails you have ONE RE-INSTALL after the first one... That's crazy i'm used to doing alot of re-formats to keep spyware off my computer. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO??

neal_head, Oct 19, 2006
  8. blackhat

neal_head

There is more things to worry about than that but I'm sure it will be fixed before SP2... I'll end up buying it if they fix the One time re-install rule.

neal_head, Oct 19, 2006
  9. blackhat

neal_head

Yeah, I know it is a problem not being able to see what you are doing. It kind of worries me but I'm sure they'll fix that before it is released. I have heard alot of feedback on that exact topic.

neal_head, Oct 19, 2006
  10. blackhat

neal_head

I don't know yet maybe some bugs could be fixed, and the re-install issue, And I know the price is going to be Hell...:hehe:

neal_head, Oct 21, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question