What a awfully bad operating system!

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by [email protected], Feb 11, 2007.

1. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

[email protected]

Ummm... where do i begin. I bought a new computer with vista, and man I wished I woulda just stuck to XP.

I have to reboot every few hours because images on my screen start disappearing and stuff. I can't get many things to install like my webcam and it seems to be devouring memory like no other. Was MICROSOFT EVEN TRYING!?!?!?!?

[email protected], Feb 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

devistated

I know, samehere. Figured out how to get my webcam to partially work anyways but can't seem to adjust it's volume at all... And IE and Explorer crashing often too. Many features just seem to hardly work as well as they did in XP, such as My Briefcase, and Windows Address Book. File deletion seems to take forever now! I'd recommend to anybody to stick with XP for now!!!

devistated, Feb 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

VistaRocks

VISTA doesn't "devour" memory, have you ever heard of cache? If memory isnt being used then thats a waste of money, i dont know about you but if i spend money on something like memory it better be used instead of sitting there doing nothing.As far as your webcam is concerned, have you gone to the makers website to see if they have VISTA compatible drivers? Instead of blaming the operating system try blaming the hardware manufactures, they knew VISTA was coming for a long time and did nothing to get some drivers out for there products, sounds like the hardware compainies dont care about there customers.

VistaRocks, Feb 12, 2007
  4. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

[email protected]

Oh, let me get this straight.

I have to throw out all of my old stuff too because vista is too picky about what its compatible with? That's my fault for being angry about it? Vista has been nothing but a bug infested piece of crap so far.

[email protected], Feb 12, 2007
  5. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

VistaRocks

Then give me your copy of VISTAand ill give you my copy of XP:D. Nobody says throw away your hardware just have some patience with HARDWARE MANUFATURRS to build compatible drives.

VistaRocks, Feb 12, 2007
  6. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

Jason

The software did only come out not even a month ago. Give it some time for the software/hardware manufacturers to catchup. And as far as the bugs, have you downloaded the lasted updates for your vista?

Jason, Feb 12, 2007
  7. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

[email protected]

UPDATE!!!!

MY CD DRIVE ISNT WORKING ANYMORE! That's right! Cant play CD's or install anything. Looked up the driver info and this is what I saw.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

I understand new systems have bugs, dont get me wrong. But this is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

I havent had this computer for a WEEK and Vista has been driving me INSANE!!!!

What didMicrosoft do, test run the thing for an HOUR?!??!?

I hate to say it, because I despise those godawful Mac commercials, but its crap like this that is beginning to give them some justice.

[email protected], Feb 12, 2007
  8. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

VistaRocks

What you should be doing is looking to make sure you have the newest drivers. Just because its a new computer that came preinstalled with VISTA don't mean that the drivers are up to date. As with ANY operating system you still need to update things no matter how new it is. Remember, if you bought it at a retail store last week then that computer wasprobably built last year. My computer was bought new last year but when i look at the build date it was built in 2005,lol.

VistaRocks, Feb 13, 2007
  9. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

[email protected]

Yeah but you see, My CD drive was working. It isn't anymore. So it was compatible with vista. There really shouldn't be excuses for this nonsense.

[email protected], Feb 13, 2007
  10. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

VistaRocks

Sorry but that quote best descibes the problem"The software did only come out not even a month ago. Give it some time for the software/hardware manufacturers to catchup."

VistaRocks, Feb 13, 2007
  11. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

Bistro

Pulley: The problem may not lie with Vista, but with the manufacturer of your system. Go to Device Manager and uninstall the DVD, then reboot. Post back.

Bistro, Feb 13, 2007
  12. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

kingofnexus

I have a CD drive in my comp which i took from an old 1997 computer from an ex office PC. That works in vista. The problem is your PC not vista. Any driver problems (i.e. ur webcam) is not vistas fault but the manufacturer of the webcam. You seem like the type of person that said "windows 3.1 worked whats the point in getting windows 95 its just a bugged peice of crap". The world moves on, move with it. You can stay with 6 year old XP, i'll take my vista (which aint bugged btw) and have a happy life until the next version of windows comes along.

kingofnexus, Feb 13, 2007
  13. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

[email protected]

Actually, I bought a new computer, which had vista pre-installed.

VISTA SCREW UP OF TODAY! My AOL Instant Messenger no longer works! Yup, after researching other forums, it seems to be another vista related problem. YAY!

To anyone who says "give it time, vista has bugs, its new" wasn't vista supposed to come out last april or something but it wasnt released because it had a lot of bugs? I dont even want to know what it was like back then. Because this is downright PATHETIC.

[email protected], Feb 13, 2007
  14. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

VistaRocks

OK this thread is getting out of hand with the hating. This is suppose to be a VISTA help forum not a bitch fest against it. I still run RC2 (beta) and i have yet to have any real problems except for my sound cutting in and out but i don't blame VISTA i blame the hardware manufacturers and the fact that I'm stillrunning a beta version of VISTA.When will ppl understand that its NOT VISTAS fault that your web-cam or your CD drive don't work right. BLAME WHOEVER MADE THE HARDWARE. I realizeits easy to jump on the band wagon like half the others on the web, and blame Microsoft for all your problems but lets be real. Microsoft isn't in charge of when the hardware manufacturers get off there dead arses and get some real drivers out. We all have to live with it until they do give us some good drivers. Thank you and lets please keep it civil. As far as AIM not working, i havent had a problem with it, try uninstalling it then download it again. Are you running it in admin mode?

VistaRocks, Feb 14, 2007
  15. pulley_murphy@yahoo.com

blackhat

does it matter if we find the drivers? if we do he'll find another thing to complain about. and then the hating goes on.

closed

blackhat, Feb 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question