Welp, looks like Im on the bandwagon of...vista runs like crap

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jason, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Jason

Jason

EDIT- UPDATE: After hard rebooting a couple times and allowing vista to run scandisk it runs much better now. I guess the inital installer is still a little buggy.;)

I installed Beta 2, on my laptop over my current version, the x64 version. Its about 10x's slower. Don't know what ms did to it but it takes a long long time to boot up.

Here are my specs

AMD turion 1.6ghz x64

2GB Pc 2700

ATI Radeon Express 200m

80 GB 4800 RPM hd.

5308 and up before Vista Beta 2 ran fast as lightning. I dont know what it is about Beta 2 that makes it so slow to boot up.

Jason, Jun 16, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

moshpit

Did earlier builds have the full on Security Center and all the Media Center crud in them? Disabling those 2 gave me a NICE boost to performance. I use my own firewalls and anti-spyware solutions anyway, and all my media enjoyment has never needed a silly media center anyway so, out it went :D

But I've actually watched Vista Beta 2 get faster and faster over the few days I've messed with it as I've discovered things I can kill off that I don't need.

moshpit, Jun 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Jason

thats good insight, there are lots of b.s programs/services running the background which can be turned off. Now vista has kicked me out compeltely by saying I must activate, but when I try it gives error, so now ill be re-installing! Oh the fun of beta OS's.

Jason, Jun 17, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question