Welcome to the new Vista Forums!

Discussion in 'Announcements, Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ian, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ian, and I've taken over the running of VistaForums.com from Jason. As you may have noticed, the site software and design is undergoing a change at the moment - as the previous software had some problematic limitations when moving it over to my server.

Over the next day or two, all of the bugs and design changes should be complete and then we can work on getting the site back to normal :).

When importing all of the users, the member passwords were not able to be transferred (as they are all encrypted) - so I will be sending out a password reminder to all users soon.

To any of the moderators, I'll be in touch soon to see if you'd still like to be one - as I've noticed that quite a few were inactive. During the forum change, all users were reverted back to the main usergroup - so this will be the next thing I'll work on.

Ian, Sep 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

Ian Administrator

The design switchover is now complete - I'm just about to e-mail all the old members with the password recovery link and then I'll spend the rest of the day removing the spam posts that have accumulated.

Ian, Sep 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

Ian Administrator

I'm about 25% of the way through the spam check - it's taking quite a while to check through this many threads! I hope that it will be done by the end of tomorrow :)

I've also disabled the newsgroups, as they were propagating spam back to usenet - as well as bringing back lots of spam and junk posts.

Ian, Sep 1, 2010
  4. Ian

kalario

Great job Ian...

kalario, Sep 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question