Weird Issue

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by bavallone, Mar 14, 2007.

1. bavallone

bavallone

I am running a Dell Inspiron 9200 with Vista Ultimate (clean install) w/2 GB of RAM.

I took some pictures on my digital camera that has an SD Memory card. I took the card out to load the pictures on my laptop. I put the SD card in the onboard reader. Within about 10 seconds the computer completly froze. I was unable to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it or anything. I had to reboot the computer using the power button. I did this a few times. I looked in device manager and didn't see anything missing a driver. Has anyone had a problem like this or any idea what is wrong?

bavallone, Mar 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. bavallone

WAW8

I have an SD card slot on my Fujitsu tablet PC and whenever I insert an SD card, the Autoload panel opens asking me if I want to open the filesystem on the card or use it for ReadyBoost. Are you even getting the autoload panel? Do you have autoload disabled?

To be safe, I would check the SD card and make sure your pictures are still on it.

WAW8, Mar 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. bavallone

bavallone

I get the autoload. Even if I select an option I only get about 10 seconds before it freezes.

bavallone, Mar 14, 2007
  4. bavallone

Crispy

Do you have the latest driver for the card reader? If you do not go on the internet and install it. if you do i would go and uninstall the current driver completely and then reinstall it because it might not have installed correctly.

Crispy, Mar 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question