Weird behaviour with certain letters.

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by labecs, Nov 15, 2008.

1. labecs

labecs

I would look for the answer but I really don't know what to look for. This has not happened to me in 20 years of using computers.

A couple of days ago I made a fresh restore of my comp to factory settings, this orning I installed Kaspersky Internet Security, and now when I go to google something, when I press certain letters in the keyboard it takes me to other places. If I press "u" it takes me to Ease of Access window. If I press 'd" it closes the window. Where can I get rid of those settings, or why is it happening?

labecs, Nov 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. labecs

WAW8

It's acting as if the default keyboard settings have changed, which is done in response to modifying the installed keyboard. If you haven't done that (you would know if you did), the first thing to try is uninstalling the AV program to see if that restores the proper keyboard settings. Unless you were given keyboard selection option during install, I don't see how installing an AV product would give you the problem you have. But it's worth a shot.

The link below is to a tutorial on how to change the keyboard settings. They have other tutorials as well. Worth looking at the link:

[url]http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/103844-keyboard-input-language.html [/url]

WAW8, Nov 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. labecs

thejudge

Is it only when you try to Google something that this behaviour happens? Almost sounds like your Windows key is stuck down

Windows Key + D for example will take you to the Desktop (technically I don't think it minimises the windows, but I won't get too picky)

Windows Key + U will open the Ease of Access thing you mentioned

thejudge, Nov 27, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question