website

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by onkelbob, Nov 28, 2015.

1. onkelbob

onkelbob

a couple of years ago I was able to log onto "bigcountryradio.com.au" I ran the streaming radio on WMP. I can no longer access the website. I sent a email to Rob He recommended that I use realplayer instead of WMP so I installed realplayer, before I could run it,however, I had to add sp2 to my 32 bit windows vista. It still will not work. I get an error: Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the Ppen URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:") " In addition the media player format is for realplayer but the error speaks of window media player. (see attached jpg ) realplayer.jpg

onkelbob, Nov 28, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. onkelbob

onkelbob

Can someone help me with this. I really love BigCountryRadio out of Australia.

onkelbob, Nov 28, 2015
    1. Advertisements

3. onkelbob

onkelbob

Part of the opening post should read : Windows Media Player cannot play the file because the specified protocol is not supported. If you typed a URL in the ---- open---- URL dialog box, try using a different transport protocol (for example, "http:" or "rtsp:") "

onkelbob, Nov 29, 2015
  4. onkelbob

Termingamer2JD

Did you set Real Player as your default media player? That might do it.

Termingamer2JD, Nov 30, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question